Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spell Check.

I LOVE when people misspell the word "Definitely".

This isn't some kind of grammar god post (which now that I think about it, I should probably start using spell check).  Just so we're clear. In any case, I love when people spell the word "definitely" wrong. They almost ALWAYS spell it as "defiantly". It's amazing. When I read something that has spelled definitely as defiantly, I feel compelled to read the sentence out loud with its new meaning.

"Are you going to the party?"

"Oh I am defiantly going!"

Wow. That bitch is super renegade. What a rebel. I imagine she burned the other person in the face with a cigarette after she said that.

It's amazing because if you google search the word defiantly, the first thing that comes up is "Do you mean 'definitely'?" When I don't mean definitely, I think, "Jesus fuck Google! Stay out of my business. This is what you get with big government." Then I go to a Tea Party Rally.

Here's another website that pops up when you search defiantly. Seems like someone has even more anger then I do. Why go to all that trouble creating and maintaining a website for a misspelled word that makes situations completely hilarious!?

"He replied that he defiantly liked the ideas behind community and the feeling of belonging that comes with it."

That guy is the next Che Guevara. Speaking of which, College Freshman, keep that poster out of your dorm room. You haven't even lived yet.... your skin is too soft. Go out in the world and get some calluses damnit!

Moving on.

Anyway, really terrible spelling errors can and should be avoided. It's literally inexcusable to spell things wrong in this day and age--kind of like birth control--unless you're stupid like me and just forget... spell check not birth control.

Ew this got really weird really fast.

11 comments:

  1. I'm Commander Shephard, and this is my favorite article in my RSS feed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I'm pretty liberal with spelling mistakes. Maintaining that sort of live and let live attitude is great for morale -- makes you feel like the commander just after he hits a paragon QTE and spares the life of some thug.

    That said, I'm a journalism student, and the spelling/grammar of some of my classmates is just atrocious. It's like why the shit are you studying journalism if you can't even write coherently? One of them wants to be a tattoo artist for fuck's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I defiantly love this blog. (no spelling mistakes here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm awful at spelling. It's one of my many weaknesses. So whenever I go to write the word definitely, or definately as I am temped to spell it......

    I stop, and choose a word more appropriate of my lack of intelligence and write "Absolutely."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smdh sjn fjkdj jakqi n jksjj?
    Jspwh l I qsjwu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work in a hospital and it's always the worst when I spell some obscurely spelled medical word wrong on an official document that gets scanned and archived in the imaging system to be preserved forever so I can be made fun of for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one that irks me is lose vs. loose. Defiantly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's not forget the all too frequent breath vs. breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate women who wear heels to the airport.

    (And I totally never spell definately right)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ..If I could find the like button...I'd like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say. You become more and more near and dear to my heart everyday. This is Ash BTW and I defiantly check this more than I should. Like on the sales floor at work.

    ReplyDelete